27 Jun Denver Education & News
Here is a live feed for Denver Education & News. Directly from The Denver Post you can keep up-to-date on all news in the area.
Bookmark this page as new articles will post weekly!
Below is a wide array of articles that can be found. Find postings with the local academic calendar, Denver, Colorado Education donations, budgets and funding. Keep in the know regarding schools, students and teachers in the area. Read up on some interesting facts such as new legislation that directly relates to schools in the area. Here you will also find so much more.
Denver Education & News
- CU’s Board of Regents wants college students to better understand civics. Here’s what that means for each campus.At the behest of the University of Colorado Board of Regents, the CU Colorado Springs campus will roll out a new civics education program and the Boulder and Denver campuses could be next. The program, approved during a Friday Board of Regents meeting, has been shepherded for more than a ... read more
- Denver school board bans use of handcuffs on elementary school studentsCampus safety officers employed by the Denver school district will no longer be allowed to use handcuffs on elementary school students, after the school board unanimously passed a resolution Thursday banning the controversial practice. Handcuffs can still be used on middle and high school students, though the resolution directs Denver Public Schools ... read more
- CU Denver makes $802M economic impact on Colorado annually, campus officials sayBOULDER — The University of Colorado Denver makes an $802 million economic impact on the state each year through research, student spending, construction and teaching, campus officials announced Thursday at a Board of Regents meeting. Chancellor Dorothy Horrell touted that multi-million dollar figure, derived from a 2017 survey, as she ... read more
- Teachers’ unions sue Adams 14, state board over hiring of outside manager to run school districtTwo teachers’ unions filed a lawsuit this week against Adams County School District 14 and the Colorado State Board of Education over the hiring of a private company to manage the troubled district’s schools. The state board had ordered Adams 14 to find a manager for its persistently low-performing schools, ... read more
- Jeremy Haefner named 19th chancellor of University of DenverJeremy Haefner is moving up in the ranks at the University of Denver after being named the school’s 19th chancellor Thursday, having previously served as DU’s provost and executive vice chancellor. University of DenverJeremy Haefner“The University of Denver is an extraordinary private university known for its mission to serve the ... read more
- “Scrape and rebuild” of Columbine High School would follow public process, possible bond issueBefore any proposal to tear down and rebuild Columbine High School moves forward, the Jefferson County community would have to approve of the idea through an informal survey and subsequent public meetings, then likely agree to fund the project through a ballot question. Jeffco Public Schools spokeswoman Tammy Schiff said ... read more
- College scandal: No prison for contrite ex-Stanford coach in admissions fraudA federal judge Wednesday spared Stanford’s disgraced former sailing coach from prison for his role in the massive college admissions bribery and cheating scandal in which he was the first to be sentenced, a blow to prosecutors who had urged more than a year behind bars. U.S. District Court Judge ... read more
- CU Denver planning first student dorm on historically commuter-based Auraria campusLeaders at the University of Colorado Denver, long known as a commuter school alongside its two neighboring academic institutions, want to build a dorm on the downtown Auraria Campus that could house more than 500 of CU’s students. The residence hall — which is being pitched as a way to ... read more
- Former teacher files racial discrimination lawsuit against Arvada’s Faith Christian AcademyA former teacher at an Arvada Christian school has filed a racial discrimination lawsuit, accusing Faith Christian Academy of wrongful termination after he spoke up about what he described as a culture of racial harassment among students and staff. Attorneys on behalf of Gregg Tucker filed the lawsuit in Denver ... read more
- Adams 14 finalizes deal with company taking over management of the districtAdams 14 officials have signed an $8.3 million, four-year contract with Florida-based MGT Consulting, officially becoming the first district in the state to hand over management to a company. The state Board of Education in November ordered the Commerce City-based district of Adams 14 to hire an external manager for ... read more
- “Bill’s kids”: A 77-year-old Denverite has dedicated his life to coaching spelling for free “out of the goodness of his heart”Thirteen-year-old Grant Wiebe was disembarking from the emotional roller coaster of the Scripps National Spelling Bee when he had to face his coach, Bill Schaefer, for the first time after stumbling over the word “aquaflorium” and getting bumped in the second round. Health concerns prevented the 77-year-old spelling coach from ... read more
- LGBTQ advocates to push for student and staff protections in Jeffco schoolsDozens of advocates in support of LGBTQ students and staff plan to press the Jefferson County School Board Thursday night to consider and adopt updated anti-discrimination policies. Recent graduate Madison LaFore is one of those supporters. As a bisexual student who attended Bear Creek High School, 18-year-old LaFore said she ... read more
- School of Mines built a real-life Iron Man suit for new Discovery Channel series
- New Colorado high school graduation requirements are coming. How many students will actually be able to meet them is a mystery.Students entering their junior year in the fall will be the first to test out new state graduation requirements designed to prove they know enough math and English to get by in life, and it’s not clear how many students might not make the mark. The class of 2021 will ... read more
- Adams 12 alternative school offers career tests as alternative way to graduateStarting this fall, certain students at New America School Thornton who are far behind on their graduation requirements will have the option to take a battery of tests, rather than trying to cram in all the classes they’d need for a diploma. Students who are at least 18 and have ... read more
LOOKING FOR A HOME WITHIN A TOP RATED SCHOOL DISTRICT?
Check out the list below of available properties in the Cherry Creek School District the top ranked district in the Denver is ranked #1. Bookmark this page as the available listings update daily! If you have any questions about any of these properties, would like to schedule a showing or are thinking about putting your home on the market please call me at (720) 399-0080.
Are you thinking about relocating to Denver, Colorado? I can help you find the perfect home and make your move as stress-free as possible. I can offer valuable insight about the area to help you through your home buying experience. Contact Me at (720) 399-0080
Are you thinking about Buying or Selling in Denver, CO?
I am a local expert and am here to help guide you through your home buying or selling experience.
Looking for more information?
Being from the area, you receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.
THE HOMESMITHS TEAM | KW DTC
Jeff Smith ‘Smitty’
6300 S Syracuse Wy Suite 150 Centennial, CO 80111