01 May 12 Questions You Need to Ask Before Hiring an Agent
What questions do you ask when you are hiring a real estate professional? There are about a dozen you should ask to find the right person to help you buy or sell a home. Remember, not all agents are created equal.
- How long have you been practicing real estate? Experience matters.
- What qualifications do you have to sell real estate? Is this your full-time or part-time job? Make sure they have enough time for you.
- How many homes have you sold this week? This year? In your career? The best way to predict an agent’s future results is to look at their past record.
- Tell me about your personal real estate operation. Are you an individual or team agent?
- Can you give me a list of client references to call? You don’t just want to look at written testimonials; speak with actual past clients as well.
- Do you have a formal and written marketing plan for selling homes? Don’t work with someone who just shoots from the hip. We have a 151-point strategy for selling your home.
- How often will I hear from you, and in what fashion? Make sure you have open communication with your agent throughout the process.
- Do you guarantee your performance? When you work with us, you are obligated to us for one day at a time. This holds us accountable for our end of the bargain.
- Can you refer me to a reputable mortgage lender, inspector, and more?
- What percentage of your business comes from referrals?
- How many people do you speak with each day about real estate? Are they proactive?
- What is their monthly advertising budget? A lot of agents don’t spend much on advertising, so it’s important to know that number.
If you are interested in one of our reports for more details on these questions, give us a call or send us an email. We would be happy to help you!